Kedarkantha is considered one of the most winter hiking location and trek in Uttarakhand, India Altitude is 12500 feet, It is best trek to fulfill your satisfaction about trekking. Kedarkantha trek is quite special because it has stunning views and it provides the best views of the entire mountains cape. Today Kedarkantha is the topmost trek of Uttarakhand Himalayas. Kedarkantha is an incredible place to stay there and enjoy the sunrise and sunset. The Trek is a classic winter trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to explore something new about the nature, and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas.
Quick Facts about Kedarkantha Winter Trek:
– Temperature, Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 3°C
– Trekking distance: 20 km
– Maximum Altitude: 12,500 ft
– Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
– Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway station
– Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
– Base Camp: Sankri (10 hrs drive from Dehradun)
– ATM: Purola has the last ATM point before your trek begins
Best Time to Visit Kedarkantha TrekKedarkantha is one such trek which you can do throughout the year, it is more popular especially for winters trek. I believe that these treks are for all those people who consider their second home in the mountain! If you want to spend your time in mountains then it is an opportunity for you . from Kedarkantha trek you will absolutely get some experiences about life that how local people spend their life in backward areas. you will also get peace and satisfaction which everyone wants. In the early days of my travel every time I went for a hiking or trekking trip. I have done this trek more than 100 times; no one else knows more about this trek than I know! These treks start from near my village, today it seems like when people take this trek and there is a joy on everyone’s face. These treks are not very easy and not very difficult.
Age Limit for Kedarkantha
- My personal belief is that people can do this trek from a minimum of 5 years to 60 years.
- But it is necessary to be fit to do this trek
- And you can do this trek in the year; these are the plan for both summer and winter,
- For Winter Trek, I think it is necessary for people from 10 years to 55 years
- This trek will be a relief and joy for the first time visitors. This trek will increase new energy and confidence in you
- You can do Kedarkantha trek in 05 nights and 06 days. from Dehradun to Dehradun
- And if anyone has less time, then people can do this trek in 04 nights 05 days, from Dehradun to Dehradun
Kedarkantha Winter Trek Highlights:
- Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most beautiful treks which take you to the land of some of the best views which you will cherish for a lifetime.
- Get a chance to witness the vivid flora and fauna of the region as you continue your trek.
- This winter trek will take you through a journey of some of the unknown places with the best views of the mountains.
- During your trek, you will come across some of the most beautiful sights with snow-capped mountains, verdant valleys and frozen ponds.
- Each of the campsites is known for its amazing surroundings with the beauty of pine trees.